Tuesday, July 24, 2007

RAGBRAI - Day 3

Less pain, less wind, more pork products


Ok, I can tell you now, yesterday was bad. Took me 8 hours including naps. But I had a great meal at the Catholic church. $6.00 for Spaghetti, roll two desserts and an Ice cream. Best deal around. The Methodist church had chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes which I would have like to try, but rumor has it there wasn't much chicken involved. I'm casting no aspersions on Methodists here.

Walked the town, ate a great taco, walked some more, at a 1/2 a piece of pizza. Good life.

Was on the road by 5:30 after consuming pancakes and sausage. I figured that breakfast bars and fruit weren't working so why not? No wind and I averaged over 16 miles an hour over the 77 miles of the course. Stopped for a bratwurst at mile 65. Pork is the other white meat. I think somebody ran over the "third white meat" by accident. The possum never had a chance. Got into town at 10:45 AM.

I'm in Hampton , waiting for the family to show up. 68 miles tomorrow to Cedar Falls .
Sorry for the quick update, but I'm on my way out of here. There's got to be a pulled pork sandwich and a piece of pie with my name on it.

Thanks for the prayers. Today was a great, flat, fast ride with negligible pain in the saddle. Left foot is still sore but it sounds like I'm whining now, so no more injury updates.

Rollin', rollin', rollin' Though the feet are swollen Keep them 10-speeds rollin' RAGBRAI!

Tom

No comments: